Configures programs and supports systems used for measurement, alarm management, automation, control, and data acquisition of natural gas facilities. This position would also require a Gas Control Operational Qualification to gain a complete understanding of the SCADA system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Daily Operations -- (50%)· Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots software and network issues related to supported applications such as ClearSCADA 2015, AutoSol Communication Manager (ACM), and Flow-Cal version 8.· Assist USGP IT in monitoring and troubleshooting activities related to SCADA server and workstation hardware, performance, network infrastructure and security.· Provides daily technical support for SCADA system data and telemetry information used for system control and for measurement validation software and system balance· Implements and maintains HMI graphics, reports and applications for use by operations.· Travel, as necessary, to local field offices where applications reside to perform routine maintenance and support for local operations personnel.· Provide O&M/Capital Project support and development
- Measurement Operations (30%)· Relief measurement analyst· Assist the measurement analyst during close process or as needed
- Regulatory Compliance -- PHMSA (10%)· Ensure compliance with regulatory standards associated with PHMSA and Department of Transportation requirements· Responsible for reporting issues to appropriate management, maintaining change management, SDLC documentation, department governance and management communication consistent with department policies and procedures
- Gas Control Operations (5%)· Relief controller· Working with various interconnect gas controllers and Supervisors· Review daily/monthly LAUFs
Skills and Abilities
- Communications systems and technology.
- Comprehensive experience with server and workstation networking and administrationo Substantial knowledge of the storage and pipeline system.
- Able to apply knowledge of the methods, principles and practices for coordinating the flow of natural gas.
- Use general and specialized computer applications to manage information.
- Able to demonstrate advanced communication ability both written and verbal.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and supervisors.
- Must have the ability to react to high pressure, emergency situations as a well trained professional, remaining calm while executing the required emergency response plan in timely manner.
- Able to use analytical thinking to carry out complex, detailed and time sensitive procedures.
- Must be a self-starter, able to take the lead on all operational issues.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office