Our client one of the world leaders in the design, development and manufacture of wind turbines are offering an incredible opportunity for a Senior Aero Design Engineer paying a competitive salary of £61,000 - £101,000 per annum as well as an amazing benefits package with a structured career progression. This is an exciting opportunity for a target driven individual to come on board and join a team of highly skilled engineering professionals.
Senior Aero Design Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as lead engineer Aero & Loads in NPD, Technology and/or Product Support Projects.
- Supports DM in technical guidance of engineers and is capable to decide about content topics on behalf of the DM.
- Makes design decisions by monitoring the design results and process conducted by the team.
- Coordinates issues during the introduction of new technologies and support the DM in fundamental and applied research to improve or generate new technologies.
- Responsible for the quality of the content delivered by the team members and pro-actively takes action to resolve technical risks, operational problems and minimize delays
Senior Aero Design Engineer desired Background:
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience in international environment
- Knowledge of wind turbine blade loads (specific) and wind turbine loads (general)
- Knowledge of wind turbine blade control strategies
- Knowledge of wind turbine blade structural design and dynamic behaviour
- Knowledge of wind turbine blade aerodynamic design concepts and trade-offs (regarding performance, costs, manufacturability and reliability)
- Knowledge of wind turbine noise generating mechanisms and prediction methods thereof
- Knowledge of Aerodynamic and aeroacoustic add-ons
Senior Aero Design Engineer must have experience with:
- Aero foil design for wind turbine blades
- Wind tunnel testing of aerofoils
- Setting up aerodynamic modelling data for blade simulation purposes
- Simulating wind turbine blade aerodynamic models in aero-elastic wind turbine simulation software
- CFD, on aero foil and 3D rotating wind turbine blade level
- Setting up, executing and post-processing of wind turbine loads simulations
- Using CAD software to create 3D surface models
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +442072689254.
For more information about this role please contact our London office