Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH126822
Sector: On-shore wind, Renewables
Salary: €65000 - €75000 per annum + package
Date posted: 29/05/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a global designer, supplier and O&M provider of Wind Turbines and is looking for a Senior Buyer to join their Global Supply Chain department in the Netherlands who will be responsible for the international purchase of technical materials for their wind turbines, predominantly the main mechanical components.
Senior Buyer duties and responsibilities:
* Willing and able to challenge the current strategies of the main mechanical building blocks to look for opportunities to reduce costs, decrease risk and/or improve reliability by introducing new technologies and/or new suppliers.
* Securing the company's dual sourcing strategy.
* Manage RFQ's and negotiate & close contracts
* Assist with the global supply chain strategy
* Work and plan with IFS (ERP system)
* Control orders and progress of suppliers.
* Ability to function within cross-functional teams.
* Take initiative to further optimize internal processes.
Senior Buyer desired experience:
* Bachelor's degree in a commercial and/or technical field
* Strong knowledge and interest of mechanical components - technical training is an advantage.
* At least 8 years of practical experience in international purchase and logistics of technical capital goods
* Relevant commercial experience working with other cultures, preferably in Asia
* Willingness to travel up to 40%
* Familiarity with ERP systems planning tools and production related documentation
* Strong analytical and project management skills
* Excellent communications skills
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office