The Role: Senior Category Buyer-Solar Construction /Installation an O&M (860)
Essential Job Functions
· Partner with key internal stakeholders and drive alignment with senior management on Category Strategy and Sourcing Plan for Solar Construction/Installation services
· Analyze spend and identify opportunity to consolidate service providers in this Category across NA business entities to create leverage, improve TCO and deliver cost savings target
· Lead competitive RFP bid for all solar construction projects, negotiate with suppliers and manage contracts to drive value and mitigate risks
· Develop and implement category strategy in close cooperation with Group Category Manager Team
· Provide category market condition, pricing analysis, identify potential supply and demand challenges/ opportunities and monitor technological advances in Solar industry and innovations in labor efficiency.
· Responsible for creation and documentation of competitive bidding process for Solar services to be used across business entities
· Track, maintain, and administer Labor contracts
· Work closely with Engineering, Project Management & EHS to identify and qualify suppliers and manage strategic suppliers through SRM program
· Provide procurement assistance to support the business requirements from engineering and project teams.
· Lead by example and deliver excellence in customer service to internal stakeholders in Plants operations
· Perform necessary procurement operational activities via procurement system Coupa and ERP (SAP)
· Carry out other duties as assigned
· Good knowledge of Strategic Sourcing and Category Management
· Demonstrated ability to be innovative, lead and drive changes
· Strong relationship management skills and the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with senior management.
· Ability to track and maintain labor compliance regulations as required per projects.
· Ability and willingness to travel as needed
· Advanced skill in Excel, Access, Power Pivots & Microsoft Project
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
· Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to use personal computer, excel spreadsheets mandatory
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or Engineering required
· MBA in Supply Chain or Business Administration preferred
· 5-7 years of commercial negotiations and contracting experience with a preference for experience in construction labor, EPC procurement, and Labor contracts related to Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
· Experience with Procurement tools such as SAP, Ariba or Coupa preferred
· Experience working in union and living wage environment preferred.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.