Senior Commercial Manager (LNG project)
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH96733
Location: Hong Kong
Sector: Gas, Utilities
Date posted: 17/10/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
* Manage the commercial work required for the design, engineering and operation of the FSRU vessel, together with its integration with the jetty's LNG unloading and transfer arms, processing, and mooring system facilities etc.; ensuring safety goals are met, and compliance with LNG industry standards and codes of practice;
* Provide the marine and LNG shipping input required for incorporation in the ongoing Environmental Impact Assessment Study, and manage the navigational simulations required to optimize the solutions for the safe berthing of the FSRU vessel and LNG carriers, and also the pilotage / tug studies required to develop the best towage solutions;
* Develop a FSRU vessel procurement strategy and process to achieve a cost effective outcome, and conduct the due diligence on potential FSRU vessel vendors to assess their capabilities, experience and track record;
* Coordinate and manage the smooth and efficient implementation of the FSRU vessel procurement process; including the evaluation of the offers received, the selection of the preferred FSRU vessel supplier, and thereafter the negotiation and award of contract;
* Interface with the LNG Procurement Team, and other related functions, such as Finance and Legal, and provide LNG shipping and marine commercial input into the development, negotiation and completion of the commercial agreements for LNG Sales & Purchase and Terminal Use, including the important Annual Delivery Programs;
* Develop the marine operating procedures for the safe transit of the FSRU vessel and LNG carriers to and from the jetty, and their safe berthing and unberthing;
* Establish all FSRU vessel commercial, technical and operational milestones required within the overall Schedule, and ensure that these are met;
* Develop and mentor Development Team staff to build internal marine and LNG shipping commercial and operations expertise.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* Marine Master / Marine Commercial qualification and/or a recognized university degree in a relevant commercial discipline;
* 10 - 15 years of experience in the oil and gas/LNG industry covering the commercial aspects of LNG shipping and marine operations, and the development of major infrastructure facilities. Specific experience in LNG import projects based on FSRU technology is an advantage;
* Knowledge of the commercial contracts for FSRU vessels used either offshore or near-shore for LNG importation, and LNG shipping, ship operations, and FSRU vessel acquisition;
* Experience in LNG and natural gas supply, and market developments;
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven leadership and management abilities;
* Ability to work with multiple internal and external organizations, with strong cross-cultural sensitivity; and
* Excellent written and spoken English.
For more information about this role please contact our Hong Kong office