Spencer Ogden is currently looking to hire a Senior Contracts and Compliance Administrator to join our Houston office. This role acts as a Human Resources function for all of Spencer Ogden’s North American contractors, internal auditor on compliance initiatives and educates management and employees on regulatory considerations, company policies and procedures and established protocols to ensure each task meets Spencer-Ogden standards.
This role will report to the Head of Contracts & Compliance - Americas and works with senior management to ensure that Spencer Ogden is meeting customer expectations, providing a high level of service to our contractors and operating in compliance with current regulations and industry best practices.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising team of 3 Onboarding and Compliance Specialists
- Welcome contractors into the Spencer-Ogden family by phone and assist them with the on-boarding process via email and/or in person
- Update tracking sheet with employee details
- Initiate pre-employment screening according to client requirements and handle escalations to management and consultants when results fall outside established guidelines
- Ensure contractor documentation is complete, timely and stored appropriately
- Audit I-9 documents for compliance then initiate E-verify processing
- Quality Check new placements in the internal applicant tracking system
- Manage change request approvals in the applicant tracking system
- Create and distribute employee contracts
- Alert consultant and management team within 48 hours of start date if incomplete (ie, pending background, drug screen, contract)
- Manage employee enrollment and terminations in the United Healthcare system
- Initiate COBRA notices in the Discovery Benefits Portal
- Initiate 401(k) invitations for newly eligible employees
- Minimum 5 years in HR or Onboarding position
- Minimum 2 years of Supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Working knowledge of employment law
- Experience with Investigations and Employee Relations
- Strategic thinking & ability to execute results
- Adaptability and flexibility to support the organization’s growth
- Generous Vacation Allowance
- 100% Coverage of Medical Insurance
- 100% Coverage of Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
Spencer Ogden is a privately owned, international recruitment agency with over 400 employees across 15 offices globally. We were founded in January 2010, by David Spencer-Percival, the entrepreneur who sold Huntress Search to Nomura Private Equity 7 years after starting the company; and Sir Peter Ogden, the former Morgan Stanley investment banker who has founded both Computacenter, Europe’s leading I.T. services company with $4 billion revenues and Dealogic, the financial services company.
Spencer Ogden services every facet of the energy industry, including technology, finance, engineering, consulting etc. Our U.S. division’s headquarters are based in Houston which opened in August 2012. Last year we expanded our office network to Orlando, Denver, and New York.