Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH110422
Location: USA, New York, Manhattan
Sector: T&D, Utilities
Date posted: 20/07/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
The position offers the opportunity to attend technical and leadership training, while the team endeavors to provide an open environment for questions and feedback and strongly encourages the development and growth of our employees.
-Candidates for this position must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science, Business Administration, or a related discipline with an Information Technology focus with at least 3 years of demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field or an Associate's degree and relevant technical certification with at least 5 years of demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field.
-Successful candidates should have excellent analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills, be detail oriented and be able to work independently, multitasking as needed to address multiple assignments and deadlines.
-The ability to interact with all levels of management is essential for this position. The candidate will need to have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, outside vendors and various levels of management, strong technical skills across cyber security technologies and experience working with information security frameworks.
-Scripting skills, knowledge of intrusion detection and prevention systems, malware detection systems, content monitoring and data protection systems and Security Event Management to correlate various sources of security alerts is also required. This role also requires 24/7 availability and to be participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required. All employees must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Business Administration is a plus. Technical certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CIPP, etc.) are preferred. Knowledge of the following is preferred: Basic Windows, Linux, and Unix system administration, TCP/IP networking and understanding of traffic flows, and VMWare virtualization, Active Directory Security Policies, LDAP, MS Office. Intrusion detection/prevention systems, web application/database firewall systems and Splunk experience preferred. Must demonstrate ability to work in teams in a manner consistent with Company objectives.
1. Prepare standards based documents for the installation of computing or communications components to support communications network infrastructure.
2. Prepare standards-based, detailed bid specifications for the installation of computing and communications related network equipment to support information network infrastructure. Assist with the technical evaluations of contractor proposals, software, or hardware.
3. Lead technical evaluations of contractor proposals, software, or hardware.
4. Lead project to deploy various cybersecurity tools. Once deployed, become the technical lead in supporting the tools.
5. Provide guidance and consulting on cybersecurity technology and solutions.
6. Perform internal vulnerability assessments and ensure remediation of vulnerabilities for business process area infrastructure and web applications.
7. Support incident response activities. Willing to be flexible and take on technically challenging and complex assignments when requested to do so.
8. Support as a member, the Control Center Automation and Technologies Team (CCATT) through forensics analysis of systems, malware, or network.
9. Serve as project manager for small-scale vendor installation of computing and communication networks.
10. Monitor cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities and provide support as necessary to incident response team.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.