Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH109666
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Corporate, HR, Built Environment
Salary: US$90000 - US$91000 per annum
Date posted: 14/09/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Department: Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion is looking for a dedicated professional with a keen understanding of the importance of equity and equal employment opportunity, diversity, and inclusion. This individual must possess a high regard for the company's Corporate Values and the principles of the Way We Work. Must champion an inclusive work environment and respectful treatment, and demonstrate inclusive behaviors through actions and communications. Must possess a minimum of three years for Specialist or five years for Sr. Specialist of direct experience in Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
* Minimum of 3 years experience in conducting investigations of employment discrimination complaints and allegations to include EEO fact finding interviews, assessing credibility, analysis of documentary evidence and comparative analysis to reach logical conclusion
* In depth knowledge of current Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and regulations and experience providing advice and counsel on EEO best practices to employees at all levels
* Subject matter expertise in the EEO investigative complaint handling process and case management- skilled investigative techniques, credibility assessment
* Ability to effectively manage EEO case load and ensure timely resolution with a focus on the overall customer experience
* Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise EEO investigative reports. Strong ability to clearly articulate findings to a variety of stakeholders
* Excellent presentation, facilitation, and written communication skills
* Strong hands-on experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
* Strong analytical ability with a keen attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to employ critical thinking, problem solving and strong decision-making skills
* Demonstrated high energy level, flexibility and the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under aggressive timelines
* Strong organizational, administrative, decision making and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and a solid teamwork orientation
* Ability to lead and manage projects as assigned
* Consulting and influencing skills that demonstrate credibility and garner trust
* Demonstrated professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management/ union personnel and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in Labor and Employment Law, Human Resources or related field.
1. Conduct investigations of employment discrimination complaints and allegations to include.
2. EEO fact finding interviews, assessing credibility, analysis of documentary evidence and comparative analysis to reach logical conclusion.
3. Prepare clear and comprehensive written reports of investigative findings
4. Counsel, and recommend solutions to internal and external complaints of discrimination, harassment, or other violations of the Company's EEO related policies
5. Participate in conferences, mediations, and hearings with governmental agencies, or internal arbitration hearings, as required
6. Research and keep up-to-date on current and pending EEO/AA laws and regulations.
7. Use subject matter expertise to provide leadership, expert consultation and deliver targeted training and awareness presentations to address specific EEO or diversity and inclusion concerns. Includes topics such as EEO/diversity/inclusion awareness, sexual harassment, and EEO compliance.
8. Provide advice and counsel to Human Resources partners, and company employees on EEO related policies, procedures, and issues.
9. Lead/ manage key projects and initiatives to advance equity, diversity and inclusion.
10. Review policies, procedures and processes that may serve as barriers to workplace equity and inclusion
11. Provide recommendations to strengthen key equity and D&I deliverables across the workforce, workplace and marketplace to eliminate discrimination, harassment and retaliation
12. Engage with both management and union employees at all levels, representatives from government agencies, and other stakeholders in contact with the office.
13. Demonstrate discretion, managerial courage, tact and diplomacy in communicating difficult and sensitive messages.
14. Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.