Senior Electric Design Engineer- Smart Metering
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH125281
Location: England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Date posted: 01/05/2018
Spencer Ogden are seeking and experienced Electrical Design Engineer for a permanent opportunity based in Manchester.
Our client are a global manufacturing and software solutions leader within the metering and Smart Energy Sector. They work alongside with all the major energy suppliers worldwide, and are helping shape our landscape for a smarter and more energy efficient world.
Due to growth they seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join them on a permanent basis at their facility in Manchester.
As the successful candidate you will Produce electronic hardware designs for current and new products that meet Company, national, international standards, regulatory, statutory and customer requirements. You will assess the quality and reliability of the designs using DFMEA and other analysis tools, and produce electronic hardware designs from product specifications or written instructions within a project team environment. You will also be responsible for the definition and execution of hardware design processes to conform to ISO9000/ ISO9001 requirements.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and skill sets
- Degree Educated in Engineering or Computer Sciences
- Experience in low noise analogue and digital design;
- Experience with DFMEA and robust design analysis- Team membership, effective communication within team.- Leadership experience
- Experience in high volume manufacture,
- Digital electronics design and design for manufacturing techniques.
- Fault finding + correction at board level, generation of manufacturing test specifications and subsequent liaison with manufacturing.
- Low power design.
- Familiarity with EU directives on LV, EMC, and their compliance
- Failure mode analysis techniques
- Microprocessor / micro-controller based products design would be an advantage
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.
For more information about this role please contact our London office