Senior Electrical Design Engineer (NYC)
- Manage projects from pre-scope phase to close-out/commissioning on a wide range of electrical design (power distribution, low-voltage and communications, fire alarm, SCADA, etc).
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all electrical engineered systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in the development of three dimensional models of building's electrical systems and provides markups for junior engineers.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various electrical phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings, value analysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- May have minor Project Manager responsibilities which may include leading a team of younger engineers and project teams.
- Requisite knowledge and application of National Electrical Code and applicable building and energy codes.
- Experience with NYC code and regulations as they relate to design and construction.
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical though.
- Proficient in Revit & AutoCAD.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 7-8 years of experience.
- Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.