For a professional services company that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects. We are currently hiring a Senior Electrical Engineer with excellent knowledge of PSS/E and Substations.
The applicant will be responsible to drive and manage the electrical engineering aspects of the current projects across APAC, ensuring client satisfaction is guaranteed. This involves a combination of on-site and office based engineering, providing design, project support, and specialist advice to the business.
The key responsibilities of Senior Electrical Engineer are:
- Provide technical direction and input into substation design, plant selection and/or plant specification. This will cover both front- end design and detailed design phase.
- Make engineering assessments and prepare calculations to support the primary design (e.g. in relation to short circuit forces, earthing, insulation coordination, and lightning protection.)
- Assess construction staging requirement and develop construction staging plans (in particular in relation to brownfield projects).
- Provide advice on practical matters related to constructability and operability in relation to substation projects.
- Work with other engineers and drafters to produce and/or review substation general arrangement, elevation and detailed drawings.
- Consult and advise on the "delivery" phase of each substation development (or redevelopment) projects. This will include advising and contributing to the tendering process, tender evaluation services, project management and contract management.
- Prepare and review client reports, specifications, designs etc.
- Provide advice on relevant standard standards, standard procedures, etc.
- Develop the methodology or work plans that enable other engineers to undertake design under your guidance
- Co-coordinate with other disciplines including civil/structural engineers, protection designers and project manager
- Liaise with clients through attendance at meetings telephone calls, etc. This will also include confirming technical requirements, communicating project progress, discussing options and identify opportunities to improve designs, providing feedback to clients, post project follow up with clients, etc.
- Prepare proposals for our services (methodology, scope, budget, timeframe, fees etc.)
- Identify and pursuing opportunities for continuous business growth.
- Develop relationship and reputation with our clients particularly with key technical personnel in the substation design area within our clients.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Have 10+ years' experience mainly in design as consulting engineer
- Have carried out pre-feasibility studies and feasibility studies for power plant projects of at least 50 MW and above.
- Technical expertise (200kV and above) in Primary and Secondary design in power industry (generation and/or utilities), including substation design, protection and controls, system study (i.e. load flow, fault calculation, and dynamic analysis using PSSE or equivalent).
- Have designed electrical power transmission and distribution system
- Have sufficient experience with power generation electrical equipment, substation protection/control system, and electrical auxiliaries
- Have experience in leading and managing electrical design
- Proficient in written and oral English
The role will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia or Manila, Philippines (depending on YOUR preference). Flexibility to travel is also an important requirement.
Sponsorship provided for Work Permit.
Competitive package and benefits, including relocation assistance.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd Agency License Number: 13C6321