- Responsible to review the scope of work and attend kick-off meetings to highlights any major concerns and review results with Project Engineering Manager.
- Have the ability to work with PMT and cross discipline engineers on the Project on a continual basis
- Review resources based on Project schedules and manpower plans
- Responsible for the approval of the following aspects - F&G detection layout and systems, fire water hydraulic calculations, safety studies, safety workshops, safety equipment list, MTO, safety equipment datasheets and specifications, dispersion and calculations and heat radiation modelling, applicable as per the project scope-safety philosophy, safety design documents, fire water demand calculations, PFP schedule and inputs.
- Be responsible for third party safety consultants and assist with the review of the various Safety and Risk studies such as QRA, FERA, EERA, F&G Mapping, CFD modelling, Dropped Object, ENVID, EIA, HSECE, PS and Safety Case.
- Coordinate, manage and participates in Safety study workshop reviews such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and ENVID
- Use knowledge to assist other disciplines with Design Safety enquires by performing IDC/Providing inputs as required, layout review, area classification drawings, F&G logic diagrams, fire and gas detector layouts.
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or Fire and Safety Engineering
- Minimum 10 years' experience within Design Safety/Loss Prevention working on Offshore Platforms
- Ideally worked in a Lead role previously
- Experience of international standards and working knowledge of software like PIPENET, PHAST
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office