Senior Hadoop Specialist
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH128340
Location: USA, New York, Valhalla
Sector: Internet of Thing (IoT) and M2M, R and D
Date posted: 27/06/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Work as part of the platform team to design, develop and operationalize multi-region application of a data-heavy domain in the renewable energy industry. Our platform integrates, aggregates and manages vast amount of customer data and offers several endpoints on both regional and functional aspects. The Data engineer's responsibility is to plan, develop and manage static and dynamic persistence layer and the infrastructure behind.
Requirements (in order of importance):
- Experience in setting up and operationalization, scaling up and optimizing big data/live data/IOT-based data storage systems for analytical porpuses
- Experience in Hadoop/HBase/Spark database systems
- Java programming
Nice to have:
- Experience in timeseries data handling preferrably with TSDB
- Advanced SQL writing skills
- basic familiarity with infrastructure solutions on AWS/GCC/Azure
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.