We are looking to add a Senior Design engineer to our growing New England team to support our projects in this region. You will work closely with clients to understand their unique needs, and collaborate with our construction and optimization teams to develop energy solutions that respond to existing conditions. As the project manager you will have oversight over each project's performance and verify savings obtained for the client. After training and development, the successful individual in this role will prove their ability to progress in to a Project Director position.
- Lead the development of Energy Conservation Measures based on the clients' needs and financial parameters whilst establishing our credibility and gaining the client's confidence;
- Manage and have oversight of mechanical/electrical/control drawings and perform site surveys to understand the operation of the building;
- Develop technical solutions that are innovative, efficient and practical;
- Predict the long-term relevance and operability of proposed solutions'
- Work in close collaboration with and manage the construction and optimization teams throughout the design phase;
- Develop and perform calculations by using a combination of software and simulating the energy savings of the proposed design;
- Show a strong understanding of the IPMVP in order to guarantee energy savings and pay close attention to minute variations that occur over the years;
- Select equipment based on energy performance;
- Prepare and manage the construction budgets and develop financial models;
- During the construction phase, technically assist the construction manager;
- Show initiative towards and be hands-on with on-site health and safety;
- Support the sales team in identifying clients' needs and creating client-centric proposals;
- Lead project meetings/presentations as the project manager and develop customer relations;
- Offer training and mentorship to project engineers;
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and HVAC specialists.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer within construction/building industry;
- Experience in designing energy efficiency projects;
- HVAC knowledge;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (strong Excel skills);
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving oriented;
- Solid planning and organization skills;
- Autonomous and motivated;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
*Prefered: Licensed and Registered Professional Engineer (or eligible to apply for PE license)
Compensation and Benefits
- Equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance and pension plan
- Permanent position
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Occasional travel to site locations and other office locations
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere
- Smartphone, work uniform, boots, helmet and goggles provided by us
- High performance culture in which each employee can make an impact
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.