Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: SO_92296HEL
Location: USA, Texas, Houston
Sector: Corporate, Sales, Power
Date Posted: 04/08/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Responsible for developing Instrumentation & Controls Engineering business relationships, design packages, and engineering solutions in support of maintenance or capital projects. Specific duties include the following:
· Develop I&C business and call upon local clients.
· Manage multiple contracts including control system (DCS and/or PLC), CEMS, and instrument contracts.
· Design and provide instrumentation design deliverables, including Instrument List, Instrument Construction Specifications, Instrument Installation Details, and Instrument Location Plans.
· Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
· Perform control system retrofits and migrations. Develop detailed scope documents to identify how the upgrade/migration will be executed.
· Verify and perform all design calculations, and coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
· Coordinate IO to determine partitioning of the DCS hardware.
· Develop specifications and site study for design of systems and provide P&ID design including instrumentation and related mechanical design.
· Evaluate technical bids and manage vendor contracts.
· Plan and lead Factory Acceptance Tests, control wiring design, and logic design.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering from accredited program. Minimum 10 years related experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience). Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. This position requires an individual capable of developing business and interfacing with clients in the region. Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered. Previous consulting experience preferred. Professional Engineer.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office