Senior Key Account Manager - Smart Metering
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH118531
Location: England, Leicestershire
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Date posted: 03/01/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Spencer Ogden are working with a global engineering and technology pioneer who are seeking a Senior Key Account Manager - Smart Metering to join them on a permanent basis near Leicester.
Our client are growing off the back of successful projects and tenders. They are really making a high impact in the smart metering sector and due to the success are seeking a Senior Key Account Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
As the Key Account Manager you are within our clients commercial and Industrial metering business segment where they help customers to understand their energy usage, save money and receive accurate bills from their Energy Supplier. The purpose of the role is to lead a small team of Account Managers in the delivery of service based contracts to around 120 business customers in the best long term interests. You will have responsibility for management of the entire account process from acquiring new work to getting paid and directing operational teams to ensue customer satisfaction; resulting in generation of new opportunities, maximisation of in-contract revenue and successful contract renewals.
As the Senior Key Account Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Management of a small number of key accounts including commercial aspects, growth, renewal and delivery satisfaction
- Direct management of the account team including; target setting and monitoring, performance reviews and day to day support, coaching and direction
- Embed a consistent and professional approach to Account Management across the team, including customer and internal reporting, renewal planning and production and delivery of account plans differentiated to the characteristics of the customer types.
- Timely and accurate completion of all internal management reporting, approval and governance documentation including monthly reports and opportunity / revenue forecasting
- Input into the annual budgeting process and management and delivery of the outcomes.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background:
- Solid account management experience gained ideally working with corporate accounts in the utility sector.
- Ability to empathise with customers over the uses and challenges of energy reporting
- Experience in leading a team
- Skilled in Microsoft packages particularly excel for performance reporting
- The ability to communicate, influence and present effectively at all levels internally and with customers
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong financial acumen and commercial awareness
- Full UK driving licence as this role will require frequent travel to meet customers
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including company car and bonus
For more information about this role please contact our London office