Skills: Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Experience: 7 years
Education: Basic Mud School (MI, BH or BAROID)
Employment Type: Contract
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- University degree or other education level
- Long experience in Oilfield Industry with at least 7 years' experience as Mud Engineer.
- Computer literate with capabilities to use software related to his career.
- English Language : Read, Write and Speak - Fluent
- Report writing capability.
Carry out the drilling fluid related operation on assigned drilling rig including land rig on island and workover barges. Execute the given fluid program as per the plan without any failure and if any diversion from the program and/or concerns then raise the flag to office team. Follow the daily operation, plan for the upcoming operation to have all required items in time and complete the job safely without any non-productive time due to fluid related issue. Work hand to hand with Drilling Fluid Service Company Engineer making sure their performance meeting the ADNOC Offshore level and monitor QA/QC of all drilling fluid related service within the limit of ADNOC Offshore operation and HSE guidelines.
Principal Accountabilities and not limited to:
- Directs and controls the rig crew involved in drilling fluids preparation and maintenance operations at the rig while ensuring all HSE standards and requirements.
- Prepare/Review morning daily drilling reports, Fluid reports, Solids control reports, Drilling Waste Management report, and Filtration report to determine the current status of the well being drilled to establish the fluid requirements including whether modifications to the fluid systems and properties are needed.
- Follows the fluid programs for each individual well/section to be drilled or worked over including fluid formulation, preparation, testing, and maintenance as per the fluids program. Maintains lab test equipment and calibrates them as per procedure.
- Follows the drilling and completion fluid operations and logistics at the rig, highlights problem areas to DSL and recommends methods and techniques to ensure coping with the operational requirements and cost effectiveness. Learning to be captured and shared with the team to be implemented in upcoming operations. Ensures adequate chemical supply at the rigs to safely sustain drilling operations and ensures timely ordering of chemicals as required by the Fluids program.
- Involves in trouble-shooting the drilling problems, suggests solutions, makes incident reports and recommendations for the future.
- Supervises Fluid Service Company field personnel and ensures implementation of approved ADNOC fluids and drilling programs, formulations and ensures correct and regular testing of fluids properties.
- Participate in company HSE program and Motivates to enhance Fluids service provider's HSE and technical performance.
- Reviews and monitors chemical consumptions and service providers' costs.
- Prepares well fluid recaps, end of well reports and phase reports.
- Ensures that sufficient stock of fluid chemicals meeting ADNOC Offshore established safety standards and specifications is available on site and that ADNOC Offshore drilling operations are not interrupted.
- Ensures that all safety rules and regulations are adhered to in all matters related to chemicals storage, handling, mixing, back-loading, etc & housekeeping. Fulfils environmental compliance requirements,
- Participates in safety meetings, tool box talks, and hazard identifications, BSAs, drills and other safety programs and processes at the rig.
- Performs other related duties such as preparing monthly reports related to fluid operations, following up solids control equipment performance, filtration, attends all operational meetings at rig.
- Maintains daily and regular communications with office DFE and DFTL and send timely reports to office.
- Required to have good communication skill to communicate with the rig crew and service company personnel's.
- As required should able to provide training to the ADNOC Offshore CAPM's/Trainee.
- Capable to work in office to support ADNOC Offshore business requirement as and when required.
Communications & Organizational Relationships:
- Daily contacts with Drilling site leader (Rigs site)
- Frequent contacts with NDC Rig Key Personnel.
- Reports to Drilling Fluids TL (HQ office)
For more information about this role please contact our London office