- Performs power systems analyses pertaining to transmission and distribution system expansion, voltage
stability, reliability and power quality and derives technical solution options to meet customers'
- Performs detailed analysis of industrial power quality problems and designs/recommends appropriate
- Uses network analysis software to perform detailed load flow, transient stability, electromagnetic transient
studies in assessing system requirements and appropriate solution options (using either current or
innovative new technologies).
- Develops, maintains and provides support for software models for all products.
- Performs or supports insulation coordination, arc flash and transient overvoltage studies.
- Actively participates in the existing product development and new product market needs analysis.
- Undertakes detailed application and design studies for products including FACTS systems, power
electronic converters, energy storage solutions, fault current limiters and high capacity superconductor
- Actively works to build relationships with utility planners and engineers, and consultants in the industry.
- Assists in development of competitive proposals that improves transmission and distribution system
capacity while reducing transmission system costs. Proposals need to include technical as well as
- Performs appropriate economic evaluations of transmission and distribution system expansion plans to
accompany technical evaluations of recommended alternatives.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the current developments in the overall energy sector, particularly in
the generation and transmission areas, in regards to legislative trends and requirements and how they can
affect business goals.
- Prepares and delivers technical papers and presentations for trade shows and technical conferences.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.