Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH102648
Location: England, London
Sector: Build, Quantity Surveying, Built Environment
Salary: £300 - £350 per day
Date posted: 16/02/2017
Our client is a highly reputable, leading construction consultancy who currently have a job vacancy for a an experienced PQS on a contract basis to assist with their heavy workload.
Reporting to an Associate, your role is to deliver informed and tailored cost management services to a variety of Residential and Mixed Use clients across a number of high profile projects. Project values will range between 20m - £250m.
You will be responsible for:
* Preparing and conducting cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
* Provide advice on procurement and contracts
* Represent the company by attending client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings
* Prepare robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
* Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
* Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
* Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
Valuing scheme variations.
* Agreeing scheme final accounts
* Analysing scheme construction costs for the client's taxation purposes
* Manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
* Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances
* Act as a mentor to support and provide guidance to more junior members of staff within the team
You will have experience working as a PQS in a consultancy environment working on residential / mixed use projects and ideally be chartered.
This is an immediate contract for an initial period of 3 months to assist with heavy workload whilst they recruit a permanent member of team for the role.
To apply please contact Zoe Lane - 020 7268 9291.
For more information about this role please contact our London office