Senior Procurement Project Specialist POSITION OVERVIEW
The Senior Procurement Project Specialist will report to the Category Manager Engineered Equipment & MRO and will perform all activities relating to strategic capital purchases and contracting required by MPD, Midstream and Pipelines. The Specialist will be accountable for the timely delivery of capital spares and services required to support of planned and unplanned outages in addition to other capital build or improvement projects.KNOWLEDGE
Understands and is able to procure complex materials and services used in the construction, maintenance and operation of LNG terminals and gas pipelines. Must possess in-depth knowledge of Uniform Commercial Codes, bid evaluation and award process, standard terms and conditions of contracts for materials and services, warranties, indemnities and insurance.RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
- Leads cross functional teams and disciplined project management.
- Routinely communicates openly and with integrity across key business stakeholders to align direction between the Team and the internal client.
- Advises on major contracting related risks for the project.
- Coordinates scheduling and preparation for contracting governance process for the project.
- Leads the development of plans that comprise the project execution plan from a procurement perspective.
- Oversees the contracting process development. Serves as the lead in negotiating and executing contracts and purchase orders and consults expert practitioners as appropriate (HSE, Security, Finance, Legal, foreign exchange and other members of Supply Chain Management.
- Establishes performance reporting mechanisms to demonstrate progress to the Project Manager or designee.
- Leads / manages purchases of major equipment, supplies, and services that are ordered through the company systems as agent for the company and processed through the company's Oracle automated system.
- Champions HSE and promotes compliance with Code of Conduct.
- Supports Safety and Operational Integrity through effective Supplier Quality Management.
- Assesses supplier's contribution to project success, through quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Actively tracks the supply market to take advantage of the prevailing opportunities in the marketplace.
- Maintain awareness of all contracts in order to place orders with qualified vendors in order to secure materials and services on time and at optimum costs savings.
- Recommend and qualify new suppliers as needed.
- Maintain an awareness of the available supply base to ensure supply of materials, equipment and services in order to meet current and future schedule needs.
- Execute metrics and controls to manage and monitor vendor relationships.
- Work closely with Project Teams to ensure project deliverables are met, and effectively interface with legal, accounting and risk management as well as vendors and contractors externally.
- Works with accounting to resolve invoice and purchase order variances.
- Demonstrates behaviors of creativity and challenge.
- Anticipates and identifies capability gaps in self and others and establishes plans to address.
- Undertakes due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from supplier selection through contract execution.
- Education and Certifications: A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related business
- Experience: 7-10 years in accepted procurement principles and processes, preferably with a background in the LNG or oil and gas industry. Must have experience with Oracle based purchasing modules (or equivalent ERP system), developing Request for Quotations and bid evaluations for materials and services. Needs to have supported medium to large capital project materials and services bid package preparation, assessment and award for a minimum of 5 years.
The ability to demonstrate the following competencies to the described level to include but not limited to:Performance Focus - Skillful
Team Dynamics - Skillful
- Able to meet demanding deadlines on a frequent basis
- Remains focused on goals regardless of obstacles and setbacks
* Respects and relates well to people with diverse backgrounds
* Shares ideas and gives credit to othersBusiness Acumen - Skillful
Leadership - Skillful
- Strong awareness of the energy industry
- Strong ability to interpret legal and commercial aspect of contracts and project strategies including the economics, tax implications, insurance and legal aspects
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Decisions Making - Skillful
- Highly skilled in technical coaching and assists with others' development
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with clients and the team
Innovation - Skillful
- Able to condense large amounts of data into a useful form (e.g. spend data, supplier information, etc.)
- Makes clear decisions in the face of conflicting priorities
- Can challenge traditional thinking and promote new ideas
- Has the demonstrated ability to break down complex issues and observations into clear concepts
SUPPLY CHAIN COMPETENCIES - LEVEL AND SAMPLE DESCRIPTION
- Computer skills including, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat Professional), SharePoint, and Documentum. Familiar with Oracle Applications (Purchasing, Inventory, Payables)
- Category Strategy Development and Application: Skillful: Develops and drives specific commodity/service strategies at site level
- Demand Management: Skillful: Develops demand forecasts for specific commodities and categories
- Sourcing: Skillful: Manages large value, complex selection processes (multi-million, multi-year, regional); leading development of qualifications and award criteria for category teams at the sub-category level
- Negotiating and Influencing: Skillful: Segments the negotiation in order to deliver the best outcome, ensuring a broad and longer-term view of value is taken
- Contract Execution and Management: Skillful: Develops clear and concise contractual documentation for more complex or medium risk contracts (e.g. larger items of Terminal equipment) or customizes templates as required
- Materials Management: Skillful: Uses understanding of entire supply chain and tradeoffs to identify the best option to deliver the greatest value
- Supplier Performance/Relationship Management: Skillful: Develops process for determining the appropriate level of supplier performance relationship management
- Supply Chain Risk Management: Skillful: Manages key risks assessment and mitigation at an agreement level, involving and facilitating input from appropriate specialists
- Financial Skills: Skillful: Demonstrates ability to apply various cost calculation methods such as cash-flow analysis, total cost of ownership, all information available in the LexisNexis too to conduct a deeper financial analysis in order to deliver significant additional value
- Project Management: Skillful: Develops and leads a portfolio of strategic implementation plans developed for local/regional strategies
NoneFREEDOM TO ACT
The Senior Procurement Project Specialist is skilled in their field and requires minimal supervision.WORK CONDITIONS
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Job is performed in a typical office environment with frequent visits to the site locations.
- Occasionally, work may be performed after normal work hours or on weekends.
- Required to travel as business conditions dictate.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
This company is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office