Senior Project Architect
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH117640
Location: USA, New York, White Plains
Sector: Architecture, Design & Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: US$90000 - US$91000 per annum
Date posted: 01/12/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Principal duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads in-house design team through development of design and construction documentation process. Likely responsible for multiple projects at one time based on project size. Could also provide support on larger project teams.
- Develops and coordinates with consultants to produce construction documents.
- Oversees code compliance with applicable codes, standards and guidelines. Informs, directs and trains project architects with less experience and interns relative to these.
- Develops and coordinates technical specifications. Coordinates with Project Manager, Construction Manager, Client, and/or government agency relative to front end specification documents.
- Leads development of, then adheres to and implements, corporate contract documentation procedures and standards as they best apply.
- Responsible for all aspects of construction administration including but not limited to shop drawing/submittal review and coordination, attending project meetings, periodic monitoring of construction sites, interfacing with contractors and clients.
- Supports project management with development of staffing, fee, budget estimating and project scheduling.
- Assures that Quality Control procedures are being met at all levels
- Will supervise technical project staff of various sizes and skill levels.
- Licensed professional
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a licensed architect
- Excellent communication skills; detail oriented; highly organized; self-motivated; able to exercise independent judgment, multi-task, delegate, plan, set goals, meet critical deadlines, be accurate, work under pressure; conflict resolution/negotiation skills; team building and leadership skills; computer skills: Proficient in basics Revit and Autocad; MS Office proficient; use of Adobe products; Expedition; Submittal Exchange
- 40+ hours M-F; overtime as necessary to meet deadlines, travel, driving, night meetings, occasional lifting/carrying up to 40 lbs. Site observations may involve outdoor weather, year round, moving mechanical equipment, climbing ladders/scaffolding and observing high area construction activities. Noise level is often loud. Background check may be required. Requires use of hardhat, construction boots, and other safety equipment as required on a construction site.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.