Senior Project Architect (7-10 yrs of exp).
The senior project architect will adhere to and drive forward team leader and coordinator actitivities and company best practices for projects at all times.
He or she is responsible for developing architectural designs, as well as approving the final draft of project plans; this involves working closely with the client to ensure that their needs are met and any concerns are addressed.
Able to monitor project progress throughout the project to ensure that all deliverables and timelines are being met within budget; if there are issues, the senior project architect must work with their team and/or the client to develop and enact solutions.
To coordinate projects, the senior project architect (or project leader) must assess available resources, develop and follow a schedule and budget, and stay in close contact with all members of the project team. They may take on a project manager role, or they may work closely with a project manager (depending on the team layout).
This person must be able to effectively delegate tasks and oversee the work of team members, providing support and guidance as needed. Additionally, this person may sometimes have to work with other consultants such as designers and technical engineers on projects, and have experience in successfully doing this previously. This role is very much the link between the Company Directors / Owners and the rest of the work force.
- Oversees design development, production of working drawings, and construction documents on given projects.
- Establish and maintain budgets, schedules, and monitor adherence of terms of contract expectations.
- Manage the project delivery process and work closely with clients (often site facing)
- Monitor project progress according to contract scope and deliverables.
- Coordinate and lead teams through design, development and contract phases of construction projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture
- Proven track record
- Understanding of how to bring new work on / Business Development would be highly desirable as well
- CAD and / or Revit background essential
Key Words: Architect, Architecture, Design, Revit, ArchiCad, AutoCad, Education, Hospital. Age Care, Commercial, Residential
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.