Senior Project Controller
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH121637
Location: England, London
Sector: Design & Engineering, Design Thinking/Strategy, Built Environment
Salary: Up to £75000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Date posted: 26/02/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Senior Project Controller
£75,000 + Excellent Benefits
My client is a hugely successful built environment consultancy, employing thousands of people in more than 30 countries. They pride themselves on creativity and independence and have had a hand in some of the most ambitious structures of the last century.
They are currently looking for a Senior Project Controller, ideally with experience in infrastructure and large design projects. The successful candidate will serve projects and clients predominantly in and around London. The workload is varied - the Senior Project Controller will be part of a commercial management team, ensuring design commissions are successfully delivered, whilst also providing project controls consultancy services to external clients.
The Senior Project Controller role:
* Supporting the design and implementation of Project Controls environments predominantly in an engineering design setting
* Assisting in setting up project controls software, using systems such as Deltek, Cobra and Ares Prism
* Working with planners to assist in defining Work Breakdown Structures and loading resources/ costs into Primavera P6
* Working with project commercial managers to ensure cost work breakdown structures, cost collection and resource rates are established and recorded correctly
* Providing an ongoing project controls service as part of a commercial and schedule management function
* Providing management reports and analysis including earned value management reports, cash flow forecasts, profitability forecasts and invoice data
* Managing the impact of change on cost forecasts and programme
* Assist with the management of the Project Controls team based in London
* Assist with general project management duties
Requirements for the Senior Project Controller:
* Prior experience of using project controls software, eg Deltek Cobra and Ares Prism
* Prior experience of using scheduling software, eg Primavera. Microsoft Project also advantageous.
* Commercial acumen
* Knowledge or experience of engineering / building design would be an advantage but not essential
* Experience of working on design programmes and knowledge of design processes (eg RIBA, GRIP...)
* Good Excel skills are required
* An understanding of the NEC form of contract would be an advantage but not essential
* Need to be methodical and meticulous
* Need to have excellent communication and inter personal skills, including client facing
* Need to be pro-active and a team player
* Need to be able to work to tight deadlines
* Ideally degree qualified
* Ideally have at least 15 years relevant experience
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office