Senior Project Engineer - NYC
Seeking a passionate and multi-talented Senior Project Engineer in energy efficiency design and implementation. The Senior Project Engineer will actively contribute to all stages of project development-from design to construction-as a member of a multidisciplinary technical team of engineers at our New York office. This versatile team is responsible for the success of multi-million-dollar projects, and the new Senior Project Engineer will play several roles, from number crunching to construction management.
- Supporting the sales team in identifying clients' needs;
- Developing technical concepts and the associated written documents required by the sales team;
- Developing Energy Conservation Measures based on the clients' needs and financial parameters;
- Managing the procurement process (professionals, equipment, subcontractors), including tender calls, quotation assessments, negotiation and contract management;
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates, updating progress and reviewing cost tracking reports;
- Managing client expectations and maintaining relationships;
- Performing regular site visits to assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications, and applicable codes and regulation;
- Organizing meetings, as required, with the client, subcontractors and internal resources to resolve issues and ensure smooth project implementation;
- Monitoring project performance to ensure that anticipated energy savings are attained.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer within construction/building industry;
- Experience in designing energy efficiency projects;
- HVAC knowledge;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (strong Excel skills);
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving oriented;
- Solid planning and organization skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance;
- Permanent position;
- 40-hour week (flexible hours);
- Occasional travel to US offices;
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere;
- High performance culture where each employee can make an impact.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.