Senior Project Manager, IoT
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH112215
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Embedded Software, R and D
Salary: US$0.00 - US$200000 per annum
Date posted: 18/04/2018
The PM will also be responsible for managing customer issues and will oversee the development and scheduling of ongoing training for direct and indirect customers for the use of IoT products and back-end systems. Person will prepare hand-off plans to customer at the conclusion of the deployment. The PM will be called upon to interface with internal customers (Sales, Product Management and Product Development organizations in particular) on product and systems improvements or up-sell opportunities.
* Interface with customer, supplier and contractor installation teams during installation. Work with and support outside contractors, supplier and customer installers to ensure project deployment timeliness and quality. Assist in documentation of project objectives, actions and as-completed materials, and all contracted reports as outlined in each project's deliverables list.
* Supervise on-going project deployment activities for contracted customers and assist as needed in all phases of deployment of a project. Deployments vary in scope and may include multiple, parallel implementations requiring coordination of various teams from SSN, contractors and the customer, including but not limited to field (RF) engineers, IT staff, supply chain, contracting and finance staff.
* Bachelor of Science in engineering (electrical or computer science preferred). Advanced degree desired, MBA a bonus. Equivalent experience may be considered.
8+ years direct large-scale, multi-phase project management, preferably for deployment of telecommunications networks (preferably wireless) and/or enterprise-scale software systems. Experience doing either of these for an utility company is a plus.
* Demonstrated leadership, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be able to describe multiple business situations where these skills have been leveraged.
Must possess extensive experience leading IoT product / initiative delivery.
Experience in M2M and/or IoT product management is a plus.
* Experience in personal computer operations and use of word processing, project management, Microsoft Project, spreadsheet programs plus experience with off-the-shelf and special-purpose test programs.
* Experience and knowledge of gas, water and electric utility meter reading and related distribution automation technologies is desirable.
*Technical training and knowledge of radio frequency equipment used in planning and installing radio network equipment and multiple wired/wireless wide area networks is also desirable.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.