Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH113893
Location: USA, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Sector: Build, Commercial Management, Built Environment
Date posted: 04/10/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Coordinate with the engineering group to assure completeness and correctness of design and construction documents. Plan, conduct, and monitor work in accordance with engineering construction plans and specifications
This position is part of the company's Project Management Office (PMO) and is considered strategic within the organization. The position will report to the company's headquarters in Blue Bell, PA and will include both long and short term remote field assignments, as determined by specified projects and the location of those projects.
* Manages overall project performance (safety, quality, scope, schedule, innovation, cost, communication, resource issues, risks and customer satisfaction), utilizing the resources of the PMO and assigned project management teams
* Serves as single point-of-contact by establishing, maintaining and managing customer, subcontractor, and joint venture partner's expectations (where applicable) relating to project performance
* Reports project status and performance data as required to management, project sponsors and other stakeholders
* Ensures strict adherence to all Safety Policies, Procedures and Practices
* Ensures compliance with established Project Management Methodology (PMM)
* Plans, monitors, and controls the project throughout its lifecycle (bid, contract award, engineering/design, procurement, construction, and close out)
* At any given time could be involved in combinations of:
* Managing a major project from $50 to $200 million or a portfolio of smaller projects from $10 to $25 million with durations from several months to several years
* Assist in marketing and business development activities as required
* Acts as sponsor to ensure large projects are meeting expectations (safety, cost, schedule etc.)
* Assist in engineering changes to the project plans
* Advanced knowledge and experience in construction industry PMM, preferably with self-perform contractors
* Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required
* Experience / knowledge of construction operations, (one or more of: telecommunications systems, oil/gas pipelines, gas distribution, power transmission & distribution), financial acumen and team-based management required
* 10+ years of relevant construction industry PM experience required
* Ability to work with minimum supervision
* Thorough understanding of utility industry practices/standards, operations, contract management
* Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling and associated software applications (Primavera, MS Project) is required
* Proficient understanding of Project Controls, Earned Value Management and Risk Management desirable
* Travel will be required to company offices and projects across the US, as well as the ability to commit to long-term remote work assignments
* BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline preferred
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or the ability to attain within 2 years of employment preferred
The position of Senior Project Manager requires the ability to work in an office setting, as well as on active construction sites. This position includes, but is not limited to, significant time standing or walking on uneven ground, possible climbing of ladders or being in high places, working in tight spaces and, in general, is physically demanding. Candidates should only apply if they are capable of working in these conditions.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.