To manage the delivery of major mission projects to the customer within the required financial and programmatic constraints.
- Day-to-day management of the project core team activities to ensure the entire project is progressing in line with the baseline plan.
- Communication with customers and internal stakeholders, including Heads of Business, Head of Projects, Engineering Team Leaders and Department Managers, Project Accounting and Commercial teams.
- Management of the major project reviews, identifying clear objectives, inputs, outputs and success criteria.
- Management of the project key risks to ensure that risks are identified, captured and mitigation actions in place.
- Monitoring and control of the project finances (contingency, cost to complete, profit take) to ensure the project is delivered within the agreed budget.
- Monitoring and control of all project work packages to ensure they are delivered on time and to cost, and to identify early deviations from the agreed baseline plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- None specifically but a degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical subject would be preferable.
- Proven experience in project management specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, ideally in a satellite or engineering/aerospace industry.
- Good experience of implementing contracts.
- Familiarity with work package systems and matrix management structure preferable
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven experience in project management in an engineering/aerospace industry.
- Excellent inter-personal skills; able to influence, persuade and negotiate with all levels of people effectively.
- Understand contracts and product assurance plans.
- Ability to cope under pressure and ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills.
- Good presentation and customer facing skills.
- Highly results orientated; strong drive to deliver.
- Proficient in all MS Office packages and knowledge of Microsoft Project.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office