Our client is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, real estate and environmental markets. The organization primarily focuses on five business verticals: construction quality assurance, infrastructure, energy, program management and environmental solutions. The client is a ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
The Project Manager/Senior Project Manager will play a primary role in new and ongoing gas transmission and distribution pipeline projects. This role requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a presence as the primary point of contact for the client project manager. Additionally, this role requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work independently. The role includes leading small project teams to ensure project needs are met, specifically, deliverables, schedules, and budgets, while providing exceptional customer service. Another key responsibility would be to provide business development on behalf of the team.
- Lead the development of projects from inception to completion by defining scope, schedule and budget in alignment with client strategic goals
- Primary client point of contact for all project related work
- Attend job walks/bid walks to develop project scope
- Develop and evaluate proposals, RFP's, and RFI's
- Review and monitor design and construction document preparation from concept design through final completion, including review of change-management documents
- Ability to lead numerous individuals and project teams by leveraging technology and project management tools for communication and coordination
- Maintain a high level of communication within each given project team and externally to the client. This includes written (project emails, meeting minutes, proposals) and verbal (documentation of conference calls) communication
- Lead the process of determining requirements for and lead the process of obtaining permits, entitlements and other requirements of Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Coordinate with assistant project managers maintain and report scope, schedule and budget status throughout the project, including review and recommendation of all project invoices
- Provide technical support and observation services during construction
- Develop and monitor project organizational and administrative systems
- Create and maintain, or monitor, comprehensive project documentation
- Able to fulfill assignments that require independent judgment and evaluation
- Able to work with minimal supervision while completing assignments that require independent judgement and evaluation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Project Management, Engineering, or Facilities
- Management or related field preferred
- 6+ years of experience gas utility project management experience, 8+ years of experience leading gas/oil utility projects, or relevant experience required
- Professional Registration, Project Management Certification, or PE license desirable but not required
- Basic Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook skills. Microsoft Office or Primavera P6 experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment
- Ability to lead business development efforts
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications
- Ability to prioritize, work, and manage multiple assignments under budget and time constraints
This role offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
Provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.