Senior Protection & Control Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH106007
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Transmission and Distribution, Power
Date posted: 14/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
The Senior P&C Engineer will be responsible for the design and engineering of standards and specifications for protection & control of new high voltage substations and modifications to existing substations projects.
You will coordinate design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. Will prepare conceptual designs, estimates and project proposals.
The Senior P & C Engineer will oversee the development of new technologies in protection and control, and integrates them into existing systems.
The position will devote 50% of time to managing and overseeing super project engineering and technical needs and responding to RFI's.
- Prepare conceptual design of the complex projects
- Carry out/ review/ analyze complex technical studies and project scopes
- Develop/ review technical specifications, drawings and standards of equipment/ projects
- Review the design basis memorandum, detailed engineering scope and guide the assigned discipline engineers to align the engineering deliverable according to project requirements
- Be an integral part of the delivery of accurate and thorough electrical design that will meet industry standards and specifications, and meet good engineering practices.
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal groups that support the project such as other Engineering disciplines, Drafting, Procurement, Construction and Project Management etc.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.