Our client., a leading, well known and respected IPP develops, finances, builds and operates wind and solar pv power plants across APAC, Africa and LATAM and they are looking for an experienced Senior Solar Business Developer (with a focus on Africa) to join their growing team in Paris, France.
You will be responsible for identifying, screening and supporting business and partnership opportunities in the region. You will be responsible for projects from early stage, through development until financial close, and will support the technical and project finance teams through construction until commercial operation.
*Build and develop an understanding of Africa's energy markets and opportunities.
*Develop relationships with authorities, regulators, utilities, developers, brokers, banks, contractors, etc. to identify and develop project opportunities.
*Negotiate with prospective partners and prepare development or acquisition agreements.
*Identify, screen and evaluate business and project opportunities including:
o Project financial models, economics and investment memos;
o Optimal technical solutions with technical team;
o Risk assessments related to the projects, including real estate risks, political risks, permitting and environmental risks, tax and financial risks and corresponding mitigation strategies;
o Establish development budget and plans.
*Under company guidance, manage directly or through partnerships the development process including:
o Commercial arrangements with project stakeholders;
o Securing land;
o Interconnection rights and permits;
o Environmental and social impact studies;
o Obtaining project approvals and permits;
o Negotiating bankable Power Purchase Agreement with off-taker;
o Structuring and setting-up local Special Purpose Company;
o Monitor development budget.
* Support Project Finance team to finance project debt portion
* Support Technical team through EPC, O&M consultation
* Support and guide Technical team through construction phase, monitoring project financials, engagement with off-taker and local stakeholders
* Follow up and coordination of company development partners, including development strategy and budget, organization, coordination with teams, pipeline development, and other corporate aspects (SHA, funding, etc).
* Master or higher degree in business, engineering or equivalent strong academic record
* Prior full-time experience in the renewable energy sector
* Prior full-time experience in project financing
* Prior experience in contract negotiation in French and English
* Experience with hybrid system (PV-diesel, PV-storage) - a plus
* Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas and analysis, both written and oral
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Fluent in French and English
* Availability and willing to travel, experience with emerging markets a plus
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
For more information about this role please contact our London office