Senior Solution Architect - Smart Metering and Grid
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH115533
Location: Netherlands, Amsterdam
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Date posted: 01/12/2017
Spencer Ogden are working with a major consultancy who are seeking a Senior Solutions Architect (Smart metering/grid) to join them on a permanent basis.
As the Senior Solution Architect you will develop leading edge and fit-for-purpose solutions, and bringing these solutions to their clients in the utilities space. The role will sit within our clients digital grid team, where you will bring in the role Smart Metering and Smart Grid expertise across business, data, application and technical architecture. Drawing on your skills and experience, you will create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
- Understanding and translating business needs into effective requirements
- Developing and ensuring both architecture and design principles are defined, and adhered to throughout the delivery life-cycle
- Creating high level designs across application and infrastructure domains
- Co-developing business capability models and process architectures with clients and business architects
- Co-developing the technology blueprint and technical road-maps, aligned to the business and IT vision and strategy
- Co-developing internal smart frameworks, reference architectures and tool sets to support the firm's go-to-market and accelerators
As the successful candidate you will have the following background:
- Significant experience working on smart metering and smart grid projects (full life-cycle)
- Deep knowledge on EU standards regarding Smart Metering, Smart Grids and Communications as well as direct experience in developing and implementing it.
- Extensive experience creating solution blueprints, conceptual and logical architectures, capability models and road maps; and have the ability to work with and facilitate the business and technology discussions across a broad range of stakeholders at all levels, through to C-suite to arrive at a suitable solution for client needs.
- Experience working with network and platform technologies such as ERP, Cloud models
- Ability to work under tight timelines for multiple project deliveries
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally to meet client needs
- Bachelor´s degree is in a related subject, or equivalent experience is essential
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package
For more information about this role please contact our London office