Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH111325
Location: USA, Texas, Houston
Sector: Onshore, HR & Training, Oil and Gas
Date posted: 22/08/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Senior Category Specialist - Facilities Management, Operations and Technical Services
The Senior Category Specialist is responsible for the development and execution of critical category initiatives in support of LNG terminals, and pipelines materials and services. Required experience in technical, maintenance TAR, OEM engineered equipment (turbines, generators, pipe, values, flanges, compressors, pumps) materials repair, pipeline construction, dredging, engineer & design, security, tools, and tugging service supply markets and agreements is a critical part of this position. The Senior Category Specialist will add value through their experience, expertise and established networks. Responsibilities include development and execution of category strategies in alignment with the SCM agenda. The role requires a deep understanding of the company's business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging with internal clients, understanding the strategic options and risks associated within the supply market. The Senior Category Specialist reports directly to the Category Manager Engineered Equipment and will work with the Manager of Contracts and Procurement to develop and implement category and sourcing strategies.
In depth knowledge of the related supply market, all typical or standard contract provisions including provisions regarding warranties, confidentiality, title and risk of loss, reporting requirements, taxes, indemnities and insurance provisions. Experience in researching and developing category strategies. Also in depth knowledge of typical contract structure and contract negotiation skills. Detailed knowledge of all related systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
* Communicates effectively and with integrity across key business clients to align direction between the category and the internal client.
* Implements and realizes value through effective "strategic cost management" utilizing best in class methods (e.g. should cost, total cost of ownership).
* Leads and participates in cross-functional teams in the category strategy development, sourcing and negotiations
* Assists in the development of category short and long-term business plans to facilitate achievement of goals.
* Assists the Category Manager in exploring the wider supply market and industry markets to identify opportunities that the company can leverage for great benefit delivery or to mitigate supply risk.
* Demonstrates behaviors of creativity and challenge.
* Assists the Category Manager in the required due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from supplier selection through contract execution.
* Works with the Category Manager to implements sourcing process across sites to ensure delivery of business plans and category strategies.
* Collaborate with the Legal Department, Finance Dept. (includes Tax), HSE, Supply Chain, Operations (or any other department/function) as appropriate, to ensure contractual and commercial risks and exposures are clearly identified, analyzed and properly addressed in contractual provisions.
* Ensure that all Category Strategies are in compliance with the Supply Chain Category Best Practices.
* Participate in the Category Management and Strategic Sourcing training and development initiatives.
* In accordance to the established category strategy, manage the acquisition process for materials and services from providers, engaging appropriate Legal support throughout the negotiation process, facilitating requirements gathering from appropriate sources for new contracts and contract renewals.
* Develop and maintain a broad understanding of related industries through the assessment of emerging and changing business needs, as well as industry best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
* Education and Certifications: A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related Business area is required.
* Experience: 5-7years' experience in accepted supply chain principles and processes, preferably with a background in category management. Must have experience in executing category strategies, contracts and supply alliances, (including qualification and audit), contract management and commercial negotiations. The candidate should have deep supply market knowledge around facilities maintenance and operations, major operating equipment, MRO, EPC & Capital Projects, engineering & design, and technical support services required to support process manufacturing (LNG experienced nice to have) and pipeline / midstream operations.
The ability to demonstrate the following competencies to the described level including but not limited to:
Performance Focus - Skillful
* Monitors progress against schedules and monitors quality standards
* Recommends challenging performance targets
* Remains focused on goals regardless of obstacles and set backs
* Manages and balances costs and output, ensuring budget and targets are met
Team Dynamics - Skillful
* Maintains a focus on team spirit and cooperation
* Respects and relates well to people with diverse backgrounds
Business Acumen - Skillful
* Understands the company's entities and strategy
* Strong ability to interpret legal and commercial aspect of contracts and project strategies including the economics, tax implications, insurance and legal aspects
* An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment
Leadership - Skillful
* Highly skilled in technical coaching and assists with others' development
* Can interpret the rationale for decisions relating to the company's goals
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with clients and the team
Decisions Making - Skillful
* Is effective in drilling down to accurate data used for problem solving
* Effective in establishing priorities based on performance goals and needs for the business
Innovation - Skillful
* Can challenge traditional thinking and promote new ideas
* Regularly sets challenging but attainable goals for continuous improvement
* Has the demonstrated ability to break down complex issues and observations into clear concepts
* Computer skills including Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Payables, Oracle Inventory, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat Professional), SharePoint, and Documentum.
SUPPLY CHAIN CORE COMPETENCIES - LEVEL AND SAMPLE DESCRIPTION:
* Category Strategy Development and Application: Skillful: Develops and drives specific commodity/service strategies at site level
* Demand Management: Skillful: Develops demand forecasts for specific commodities and categories
* Sourcing: Skillful: Manages large value, complex selection processes (multi-million, multi-year, regional); leading development of qualifications and award criteria for category teams at the sub-category level
* Negotiating and Influencing: Master: Leads multi-discipline negotiating teams in complex negotiations
* Contract Execution and Management: Skillful: Develops clear and concise contractual documentation for more complex or medium risk contracts (e.g. larger items of Terminal equipment) or customizes templates as required
* Materials Management: Basic: Utilizes material management processes and tools, and uses material control systems
* Supplier Performance/Relationship Management: Skillful: Develops process for determining the appropriate level of supplier performance/relationship management
* Supply Chain Risk Management: Skillful: Manages key risks assessment and mitigation at an agreement level, involving and facilitating input from appropriate specialists
* Financial Skills: Skillful: Demonstrates ability to apply various cost calculation methods such as cash-flow analysis, total cost of ownership, all information available in the LexisNexis tool to conduct a deeper financial analysis in order to deliver significant additional value
* Project Management: Skillful: Develops and leads a portfolio of strategic implementation plans developed for local/regional strategies
FREEDOM TO ACT:
The Senior Category Specialist is highly skilled in his or her field and requires minimal supervision in the performance of responsibilities.
* Job is performed in a typical office environment with frequent visits to the site locations.
* Occasionally, work may be performed after normal work hours or on weekends.
* Required to travel, as business conditions dictate.
* Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations.
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office