Senior Specifications Technologist
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH121505
Location: England, Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire
Sector: Corporate, Management, Built Environment
Salary: £29000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Benefits
Date posted: 08/03/2018
Senior Specifications Writer
£30,000 + Benefits
My client is a leading chilled food manufacturer. It is a dynamic company where innovation is valued the food itself comes first. They are part of a larger, growing food group which is expanding organically and through acquisition.
It's a great time to join!
As the Senior Specification Writer you will be responsible for a team of 3 Specification Writers, and will report directly to the Technical Manager. You will coordinate the incoming work load from customers and business account managers. You will provide support and guidance to the Specification Writers, ensuring they are fully conversant with all legal and regulatory developments and with all customer specification requirements. Your role will be to make sure you and your team strive to deliver gold standard specifications on time, every time.
* Manage specifications ensuring customer needs are met
* Be involved in Label sign-off (Purple File)
* Attend project meetings as and when required
* To be able to set up and amend label information
* Specification writing
* Play a central role in the Technical function providing administration and information to various departments
* Communicate with all departments within and outside the Technical Department as appropriate
* To personally ensure that all aspects of Due Diligence (Food Safety, Quality and Legislation) are adhered to
* To personally take the appropriate and reasonable action in the event of witnessing a breach (or potential breach) of Food Safety, Quality or Legislation
* Ensure that their knowledge is kept up to date with regard all legal aspects to pack information generation
* Manage a small team of specification writers, ensuring their training and development is up to date and ongoing, through the effective use of the appraisal system.
* Be Health and safety aware
The Successful Candidate:
* Experience in retailer specification systems
* Experience of computer systems
* Experience in food information regulations
* Experience of BRC Global Food Standards criteria
* Experience of customer Codes of Practice
* Experience of working in a fast paced, chilled food manufacturing business
* Good communicator at all levels of the business
* Team player.
* Self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative.
* Good organisational skills.
* Excellent Computer skills.
* Prompt and accurate
* Reliable and honest
* Good at prioritising
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 227 4918.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office