Senior Project Manager - Stormwater
Spencer Ogden is looking for a lead Stormwater Engineer with a registered PE and 10+ years of experience for our client in Highlands Ranch, CO.
As a senior leader of the Stormwater engineering department, he/she is responsible for the department's successful performance relative to quality, financial, and growth objectives established by the company. This position performs as the Practice Leader for Stormwater, serving as the thought leader and knowledge manager for this area of expertise. This position also ensures the effective management of personnel, budgets, schedules and client satisfaction within the Department.
Core ResponsibilitiesResponsible for client development and revenue generation in the Stormwater market. Preferred ability to develop approximately $500,000 in new revenue during the first 12 months of employment, and approximately $1,000,000+ annually thereafter.Manages the successful implementation of the company's quality control practices and procedures within the Department.Assigns personnel to project teams, ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.Assists Project Managers with the development and execution of proposals and service agreements.Performs and directs successful client management.Performs management oversight of project performance and schedules.Determines and acts upon labor, resource and financial needs of the Department.Provides management oversight and promotes project budget management, invoicing and collections with Project Managers.Prepares the annual Business Plan for the Department, and manages its successful execution.Ensures appropriate staffing levels and expertise, and appropriate training and career development program execution.Evaluates performance of Department personnel in conjunction with Company's performance evaluation program.Conducts and promotes management meetings and prudent communication protocols within the Department.Catalogues knowledge and expertise for easy access by others in the Company.Contributes to the development of new business materials and presentations related to the Stormwater practice area.Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
Position RequirementsRepresents the Company's Stormwater area of expertise and identifies opportunities to publicize these areas of expertise in marketing and business development efforts.Develops ways for the Company to share its intellectual capital with current and prospective clients, such as agency-sponsored seminars, white papers, POV pieces, etc.Is considered an expert in the Stormwater market and continues his/her development of expertise in said market.Experience in successful project delivery considering quality, schedule, budget, and client satisfaction.Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with superiors, co-workers, clients and agencies.Proven interpersonal and personnel management skills.Attends relevant conferences, networks with industry leaders, and identifies appropriate speaking and presentation opportunities.Proactively shares expertise with others within the Department and Company.Travel as required to fulfill position and project responsibilities.Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering; Registered Professional Engineer in CO.
- 15+ years in a professional services company; at least 5 years at a project management level, and 10 years performing project design and progressively increasing levels of management responsibility.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions. Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Advanced degree or certification, e.g., LEED, not required but preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.