Senior Structural Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : SEDW_L310
Location: England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
Sector: Engineering, Design and R&D, Nuclear
Date posted: 03/09/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
We are delighted to advertise a fantastic Senior Structural Engineer opportunity within our exclusive client, a 1 billion + engineering consultancy, on a permanent (staff) basis.
This is a truly outstanding opening for a proven structural engineer to work inside a world class environment internationally renowned for its engineering excellence. Projects include the nuclear new build (NNB) and existing facilities contracts across the client's Power, Process and Nuclear division.
- Be responsible to the project director for the delivery of a range of projects
- Ability to undertake structural engineering design services and technical advisory role
- Capacity to work as Owners Engineer
- Be aware of details required for the different stages of the project (concept, preliminary, tender design, detailed design)
- Guidance and mentoring of less experienced engineers and graduate engineers
- Conversant with latest codes and standards for design of structural engineering elements in power stations
- Conversant in regulations and design philosophies used in structural engineering in the nuclear power generation environment
- Liaising with other design teams (and other disciplines) in the power station design
environment, from both internal and external design parties
- Be familiar with procurement strategies for projects, and for design services, and different methods
- Lead and manage small design teams
- Project delivery (monitoring of project spend versus budget, delivery to agreed programme)
- Support business development activities including prospective client visits
- Presentations and bid preparation
- Preferably educated to degree level in relevant engineering field
- Currently hold / able to obtain security clearance
- Preferably hold / working towards chartership status
- Experience in the UK nuclear sector carrying out structural engineering tasks
We look forward to receiving your application!
For more information about this role please contact our London office