Are you a Senior Superintendent professional looking for your next challenge? Would you like to help lead the successful project team of a top 400 ENR firm with over 128 years in the construction business as we expand in the New Jersey Region? My client is seeking a highly experienced and committed professional to join our team as a senior level Superintendent. This position is based in the Northern New Jersey Area.
You'll partner with the Project Manager and/or a Sr. Superintendent to help lead a large project team in the construction of several projects in the NJ market. We are looking for someone with strong project experience in Education (Higher Education, Universities, Private Schools).
Primary responsibility for the supervision of all field staff, subcontractors, vendors and activities in order to successfully complete a single project of varying complexity. Work with the Project Team to produce a quality product on time, within the project budget, complying with safety standards and exceeding customer's expectations.
- Review contract documents and work with the project team in order to prepare bid proposals and attend bid presentations as needed.
- Assist the SPM/PM and estimating team with the preparation of scopes of work for the various disciplines.
- Assist the project team and estimating with the preparation of project schedules and site logistics plans.
- Review contract documents and provide guidance on constructability issues.
- Assist the project team as needed to obtain permits from the local municipal authority.
- Provide guidance, leadership and direction for other superintendents, assistant superintendents, project engineers and other subordinate site staff.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling and coordination of all work to be done on a given project.
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings with the foreman for the various trades to discuss the progress of the work, the project schedule, safety and upcoming activities.
- Assist the SPM/PM/Scheduler with monthly updates to the Master Schedule.
- Conduct regular quality control inspections and make sure that all work is done in accordance with industry and Wohlsen standards.
- Prepare and distribute punch lists for incomplete or deficient work and have all deficient work corrected prior to the final inspection by the project architect or other consultants.
- Prepare detailed weekly look ahead schedules that include the work of all trades that will perform work.
- Coordinate with the project team to effectively manage scope changes and provide direction to field forces in order to incorporate these changes.
- Maintain a current set of contract documents at the project site that includes all revised drawings, specifications, addendums, sketches, etc.
- Assist the project team with the evaluation of cost and schedule impacts of project revisions and ensure that proper documentation is completed to memorialize scope changes with our client and subcontractors.
- Assist the project team with the verification of additional work performed by our subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with representatives of clients, local sub-code officials and design consultants. Provide leadership in order to maintain harmonious labor relations among job site personnel.
- Prepare and submit daily reports using CMIC software that shows all work performed onsite. This report shall include information related to construction delays, milestones achieved and the weather.
- Maintain a sketch book at the site that includes all sketches issued by the design consultants.
- Work with the project team to prepare final as-built drawings showing project revisions, sketches and notes.
- Assume responsibility to enforce safe work practices by all subcontractors and workers at the jobsite and ensure that all work is performed in a manner to meet or exceed OSHA and Wohlsen safety standards.
- Work with the Wohlsen Safety professionals to establish Site Specific Safety Plans.
- Conduct safety orientations for new workers in order to discuss site specific safety concerns and enhance safety awareness.
- Conduct bi-monthly safety inspections of the work site and forward safety inspection reports to the Project Manager, Director of Safety and the VPFO.
- Conduct daily safety inspections of the work site to identify unsafe conditions and behaviors and take immediate action to remediate these conditions.
- Conduct Pre-Installation/Pre-Planning meetings for high risk activities with the trades that will be performing the work and share this knowledge with all workers that are working in areas that could be affected by this work.
- Maintain project safety files at the site that include subcontractor safety programs, MSDS', a hazard communication plan, tool box meeting minutes and pre-planning/JSA minutes for high risk activities.
- Immediately notify the Director of Safety and the VPFO of any lost time accidents or incidents involving Wohlsen or any other project personnel and initiate an investigation by interviewing witnesses and reviewing conditions at the scene of the incident. Submit required reports as directed by the Director of Safety.
- B.S. degree in Construction Technology, Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of field construction experience in a supervisory capacity on projects ranging from $5 to $25 million.
- Ability to read and understand contract drawings and specifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business plan objectives
- Ability to work on multiple projects and travel as necessary
- Ability to perform work at elevations above ground level
- A current, valid driver's license
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.