- Cutting-Edge : You will be part of 'Team Tempest' (announced at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow), developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
- Innovative : You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by Leonardo's £200m annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging : This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems.
- Collaborative : Leonardo's participation in Team Tempest will involve UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Customer-Focused : You will be supporting the future needs of the UK Royal Air Force and working closely with our customer will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Supporting the definition, design and development of an advanced EW system to perform (i) passive and active surveillance, and (Ii) countermeasures to mitigate posed threats to the platform.
- Definition of requirements for the overall EW system and its subsystem elements.
- Liaise with design specialists to develop candidate concepts and architectures.
- Perform systems functional analysis and refine architectures for receiver and transmitter systems.
- Develop design specifications suitable to inform and guide implementation teams.
- Use modelling to explore the design space and perform system analysis and trade-off studies.
- Produce technical reports of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- A strong foundation in systems engineering principles and experience of early life-cycle system development.
- Experience in writing and interpreting requirements specifications and designing test procedures.
- Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (particularly RF systems).
- Proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. SysML) tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect / Rhapsody) and requirements management methods and tools (e.g. DOORS).
Please get in contact with Jordan on 0161 227 4911 about any other roles we have available.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office