Senior Systems Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Senior System Engineer who has experience within team leading and management. This individual will be leading a team in the development of airborne EW/ RF/ DAS products.
The successful candidate will lead the systems development activities for IDAS (Integrated Defensive Aid Systems) products which will be installed into a variety of rotary platforms. In relation to this it would be advantageous to have knowledge of the full product / engineering lifecycle, as you will be involved in problem solving and key decision making.
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge required:
You should have as a minimum an undergraduate degree in Engineering or related scientific discipline, alongside proven experience of:
Product development and delivery of airborne EW RF DAS systems
- EW RF DAS products and technologies
- Influencing requirements and design decisions
- Working across the full engineering lifecycle
- Managing requirements through to V&V activities to enable successful product delivery
- Implementing and leading engineering lifecycle processes and reporting on key measures
- Team leadership and/or mentoring of junior personnel
- Planning and coordination of personnel and/or technical activities
- Working with and influencing key project stakeholders
- Developing and executing engineering plans, including the capture and management of risk
- Supporting the provision of cost/schedule estimates and performing peer review for others
- Manage and deliver WPs to cost, schedule, and quality requirements, IAW engineering processes and engineering plans
- Manage the workload and performance of team members
- Manage the Team's capability provision (size/skill/experience)
- Support Team/Function growth via recruitment or related activities
- Actively support knowledge sharing and exploitation of best practice
- We will support your continuing professional development with both formal and informal training opportunities.
- We work in a modern, flexible environment that aims to accommodate your personal needs wherever possible.
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance requirements for this role, which includes a minimum of FIVE years' permanent residency in the UK.
If this role is of interest, please call me on 0161 227 4911 or send your CV across via 'apply button'.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office