Our client is an independent wind management services company who offer expertise across the operational, corporate, commercial and financial aspects of renewable energy assets with 450MW of wind farms currently under management. Due to their growing involvement in the management of investments in offshore wind projects, they are now looking to add a Senior Technical Asset Manager (Offshore Wind) to their Asset Management team in Leeds, UK. This is a full time permanent position where you will be involved in business development activities, system design & development and strategic corporate discussions, and will be required to travel to project and client meetings in the UK and Europe.
Senior Technical Asset Manager (Offshore Wind) duties and responsibilities:
* Represent them and their clients at project Steering Group meetings, meetings with project service providers and - where required - project / SPV board meetings.
- Review all technical proposals received from project service providers (from both technical and business case perspective), challenge where required and provide summary information and recommended actions to project investors.
- Manage (and document progress of) client response to open project issues - including ongoing works, major turbine issues and technical proposals through liaison with service providers
- Identify project risks, propose mitigating measures and monitor on an ongoing basis - providing long term project management advice to investors.
- Ensure that all assets under management adhere to statutory requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental performance and comply with project specific requirements in accordance with document management protocols, planning requirements, grid company connection conditions and power purchase agreements.
- Support the onshore Asset Management team as required in the day-to-day management of a number of operational generating assets, including scheduling and controlling site works, reacting to emergencies, co-ordinating unscheduled maintenance and responding to network outages, site issues and faults and failures.
- Carrying out regular reporting and, where required, in-depth analysis based on available site data, in order to maximise asset performance and inform owners and lenders.
- Challenge proposals from contractors and service providers and seek the best resolution to issues for our clients.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and service providers to maximize their performance.
- Represent them at client meetings and presentations to prospective clients and at industry events.
Senior Technical Asset Manager (Offshore Wind) desired experience:
- +4 years' offshore wind project experience
- Technical/Engineering background
- Offshore wind industry knowledge and understanding of best practice
- Good communicator with proven ability to build sound business relationships and represent them in project meetings and presentations
- Understanding of the relationship between technical issues on turbines, balance of plant, grid etc. and commercial impacts for owners
- Tenacious self-starter, professional, organised and process driven
- Able to work independently
- IT literate (familiar with Microsoft Office & SharePoint; willing to learn and make full use of internal systems)
- Strong understanding of the importance of data management processes
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office