Spencer Ogden are seeking an experienced Software Developer with Simatic S7 to be based in Southern Germany.
We are working with a pioneer in the energy sector who are at the forefront of innovation. With their Energy storage solution they are leading the charge in how we manage our energy and lower our carbon footprint. Due to the business rapidly growing they are seeking an experienced Software Engineer in Simatic S7 to join them on a permanent basis.
As the successful candidate you are responsible for the conception, programming, documentation and maintenance of Simatic S7 and Simatic HMI software for the inverter systems for stationary energy storage devices. You will also be responsible for the technical implementation of software modules and are therefore responsible for the design, implementation and testing of Software components for Simatic S7 and Simatic HMI.
To be considered you will poses the following:
- Degree education in Computer Science or Electrical engineering
- Several years of professional experience in the area of Simatic S7 and SimaticHMI software development in an industrial setting
- Familiar with the current portfolio of PLC hardware, in particular S7-1500 with various I / O modules as well as distributed I / O such as ET200SP
- Good knowledge of software development in SCL and Visual Basic
- Good knowledge of the communication protocols S7 protocol, Profibus, Profinet
and Ethernet / UDP
- Extensive experience in energy power systems
- Extensive knowledge in battery and storage solutions
- Excellent communications skills (English and German)
- Stakeholder management
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
For more information about this role please contact our London office