Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH107357
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 19/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Site General Manager - £75,000-£85,000 - South West
I'm looking for a permanent, full time Site Manager for small(ish) food production site not far from Bristol. The site is now part of a large group and it presents an interesting challenge - there's a lot to get stuck into. The ideal candidate will be a game-changing leader and an outstanding manager of people with a high-care, batch production background.
* Maintain high levels of health and safety performance
* Lead on all aspects of production, ensuring all external and internal compliance requirements are met in terms of quality, continuous improvement and people development.
* Ensure the plant and products attain and retain the highest possible standards of quality and accreditation.
* Ensure that standards for product protection and prevention of contamination are met both at the production site(s) and at co-manufacturers.
* Recruit, retain and develop a high performing team, ensuring effective performance management processes are in place and a proactive approach is adopted to succession planning and utilisation of labour.
* Lead the cultural change process to embed quality assurance and continuous improvement as a way of life, engaging the whole team and removing barriers to change.
* Re-position, integrate and engage the plant as part of the wider group, encouraging big picture thinking and optimisation of the resources available centrally.
* Represent the plant on Group Wide Forums (e.g. NPD, General Managers, People, Planet, Place etc.)
* Collaborate with the divisional finance function to develop, manage and deliver the annual financial budgets and targets, ensuring maximum return on investment.
* Work with Group Logistics to deliver efficient in-bound and out-bound delivery.
* Develop and execute a strategy to enable the sharing and adoption of learning from other facilities (internal and external bench-marking, etc.).
Required Skills and Experience
* Unshakeable commitment to product quality, customer satisfaction and consumer safety.
* Demonstrable track record of delivering high performing manufacturing sites within complex high care food or drink sector, operating within quality and budgetary constraints.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build strong relationships cross functionally.
* Excellent leadership skills with proven ability to develop, motivate and empower people.
* Broad knowledge of supply chain and an understanding of capacity planning and production scheduling in a multi-product environment.
* Solid financial awareness and commercial acumen, with ability to understand and manage the P&L budget, and make informed recommendations.
* Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and frameworks, and third party audits (retailers, BRC, etc.) and proven track record in delivering continuous improvement using structured implementation techniques e.g. Lean.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office