Site Manager - Onshore Wind
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : MN/SM0908
Location: England, London
Sector: On-shore wind, Renewables
Date posted: 09/08/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client a major player in the Renewable Energy Sector is looking to appoint a Site Manager.
The candidate will manage construction activities on a number of onshore wind sites while maintaining, safety and quality and environmental standards.
The Site Manager will also feed into the annual budgeting and planning process for each wind farm, for the duration of the 6 month contract.
Key Account-abilities are, but not limited to:
* Ensure all site works are carried out under the Site Rules, the Work Control system and Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
*Feed into annual budgeting and planning for each wind farm.
* Carry out safety inductions, manage contractors and manage on site risks.
* Emergency provisions are in place and adhered too.
* Supervise construction and balance of plant works
* Provide first line response to site Project Manager's and Senior Representatives of all parties
* Monitor the day to day work, issues and risks on the site
* Oversee construction works of turbines, civil and site electrical systems and sub-contractors.
* Development of good working relationships with O&M contractors, landowners and local stakeholders.
* Provide site information to the Asset Manager and other internal teams in to support the management of construction
* General legislative compliance and housekeeping of construction site, in addition to carrying out audits.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience within the wind industry of at least 2-3 years. Having an engineering or related degree will be of benefit. First hand construction experience will be advantageous. Must have the ability to liaise will all stakeholders, with strong leadership skills.
The client has a number of onshore sites in construction across the UK and Ireland - and candidates will be based on a site close to their proximity.
For more information about this role please contact our London office