Site Manager - Sandbach
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: sitemanager1
Location: England, Cheshire, Sandbach
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, car
Date Posted: 01/08/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
My client is a large, family-owned development, housing and construction company with a track record spanning five generations and over 100 years. The company employs 900 people, with a turnover close to £200 million across the mainland UK.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Site Manager to join the business, you need to demonstrate 3+ years' experience of house building, preferably with a good knowledge of the NHBC/HBF 5* rating criteria and have a clean driving licence.
The principle purpose of the role is to have overall responsibility for all on site construction activities at a housing development site in Sandbach, the role will require you to attend meetings every so often at Head office in Warrington. Candidates must also be willing to cover other sites within the NWest.
Key responsibilities include:
* Ensure all construction works are carried out and monitored in accordance with current H&S legislations and within company policies
* Effectively supervise and manage all contractors and labour force on site to consistently deliver value to the highest standard of workmanship
* Deliver a 5* product, ensuring customer satisfaction and zero snags at handover stage, promoting a 'Getting it
* Right First Time' approach in everything you do
* Forward plan on-site activities to work within programme to meet customer demand, and plan all resources for personnel and materials accordingly
* Ensure the company's procedures are followed at all times
* Provide ad hoc cover on other sites as and when required
* Maintain and control financial aspects of the contract and deliver the project's profit in line with business requirements
* Regularly liaise with sub-contractors on site and all other stakeholders in each project
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* Have significant operational experience as a Site Manager with sufficient presence to command respect
* Have a detailed understanding of the house building process from a technical and managerial perspective
* Possess a good understanding of NHBC and CML requirements
* Must possess a high level of Health & Safety awareness and relevant competencies/qualifications
Spencer Ogden are an equal opportunities employer
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office