Site Technical Manager
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH117666
Location: England, West Yorkshire, Leeds
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 07/12/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Site Technical Manager (Food/FMCG)
£50,000 + Benefits
Reporting to: Site Director
Direct reports: Technical Systems Co-ordinator, Quality Coordinator, Hygiene Co-ordinator
My client is a pioneer in their field.
30 years ago they launched a new and innovative product in the UK - the likes of which no one had seen before. Since then, they have flourished into a sizeable group with facilities here and around the world.
They currently require a Technical Manager to join their West Yorkshire facility The Technical Manager will be relied upon to strengthen the Technical Team, so you must have demonstrable people-management experience. One of your first tasks will be to change the site from a QC to QA approach.
Key Performance Indicators
* Blue/gold standard quality systems as measured by major retail customers
* Maintenance of Grade A BRC certification
* Quality & Food Safety measures published
* Internal Audit schedule fully met
* effective management of customer requirements.
* Effective process monitoring systems in place
* No unexpected non-conformances raised at customer visits
* Quality Systems developed in line with group requirements
* Technical costs maintained at or below budgeted requirements
* Effective management of team with all positions filled.
* All staff reviewed using KPMS
* Work as part of the site senior management team to drive a continuous improvement & quality culture throughout business.
* Effectively manage and co-ordinate the Technical team to deliver against agreed KPI's. Provide team with support, inspiration, guidance and motivation whilst maintaining effective and fair supervision and management.
* Ensure food safety & legality is maintained at all times by developing, driving and enforcing agreed documented procedures and good manufacturing practice.
* Drive HACCP system to deliver appropriate & effective Food Safety control and monitoring Systems.
* Drive product quality and consistency through effective quality systems and procedures.
* Development and maintenance of product and process quality systems to deliver safe, legal products of the right quality that meet all customer requirements.
* Ensure multi-level internal audit framework is in place, being followed and acted upon. This will include GMP, Systems, Product quality and process audits.
* Manage QA team in monitoring the quality of raw materials, packaging, in process product and finished product through chemical, microbiological and sensory analysis using HACCP principles to accredited methods where possible.
* Development & maintenance of robust process control procedures.
* Deliver a programme of process audits to verify process control procedures.
* Ensure Customer Technical requirements are well communicated throughout business.
* Proactively develop systems to engineer out potential food safety/quality issues
* Act as site technical contact for all customers and external bodies e.g. EHO & Trading Standards.
* Monitor site quality & food safety performance and provide visibility to business through formal reporting of Daily, weekly and monthly KPI's e.g complaints, Quality panels, audits & product on hold.
* Drive reduction in customer complaints through monitoring, reporting and agreed action plans with manufacturing team.
* Investigate quality and food safety incidents to determine root cause and work with colleagues to implement correct and preventative action.
* Provide accurate and timely product information to the factory floor including product specifications, packing specifications, photographic standards and Quality Attribute sheets to the manufacturing teams.
* Maintain system to monitor all process, quality & food safety documentation to ensure compliance to specification and maintenance of traceability.
* Communicate effectively with team through regular, formal briefings and team meetings.
* Carry out regular performance reviews with the technical team.
* Manage, monitor and control costs within budgeted requirements.
* Reporting of non-conformances from internal and external audits and follow-up with relevant departments.
* Management of hold system to ensure held product is assessed and resolved in a timely manner.
* Work with engineering and project teams to ensure site is developed in line with HACCP and GMP requirements.
* Coach and train manufacturing teams in personal hygiene and Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
* Work with other Group sites to develop & implement common systems.
* BSc Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent.
* HACCP qualification
* Lead Assessor trained
* Demonstrable experience in a Technical or Quality leadership role within the Food manufacturing industry.
* Detailed understanding of M&S & Tesco Technical requirements
* Direct experience of working with major UK retailers.
* Direct involvement in delivering BRC standard.
* HACCP team leader
* Process management experience
* Excellent communication skills - shop floor through to customers.
* Analytical thinking & problem solving skills.
* People skills including leadership, coaching, team building and communications.
* Microsoft Word, excel & PowerPoint skills
* Ability to drive & influence change
* Ability to prioritise issues and balance workload.
* Results oriented
* Produce work, on time and to a high standard.
* High degree of perseverance, when attempting to influence change
* Ability to delegate effectively.
* CIEH Level 4 HACCP
* CIEH Level 4 Food Safety
* Management qualification
* Continuous improvement, 5S or lean manufacturing experience.
* Experience of dealing with complex allergen issues.
* Direct experience of delivering technical training.
* High risk manufacturing experience.
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or email@example.com for more information.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office