Exciting Smart Grid Technology Engineer opportunity based in London!
My client, a leading Distribution network operator are seeking to speak with Technical Smart Grid Engineering professionals to become part of the team based in London. With more multi-years experience of working in various sectors such as; Power systems, Telecommunications, IT systems or SCADA systems, the successful candidate will have the following experience / qualities:
The role will be based in the London HQ, with the option of flexible working and the successful candidate can expect to receive between £50-64k in salary (depending on experience).
Assisting with the development of new standards or amendment of existing standards in line with smart grid strategies and policies. Providing development of the end-to-end design of smart solutions including Active Network Management solutions for the integration of: Distributed energy resources, management of flexible connections, implementation of flexibility services market and readiness for the Electric vehicles integration.
* Degree qualified or equivalent in Power systems engineering or relevant field.
* Wide understanding of power engineering principles within the DNO's across the UK.
* Experience with design and integration of complex power / energy systems using DER, SCADA and IT-OT.
* Experience of working with industry standards such as DNP3, IEC CIM, IEC 61850.
* Experience working on Smart grid projects in the UK.
* Develop end-to-end Information and Communications Technology system for the deployment of smart solutions - flex generation connections, DSR, EV smart chargers and electricity storage.
* Specification for procurement, design, testing and trial of smart grid technologies and solutions.
* Evaluating and implementing emerging smart grid communication standards (IEC, IEEE etc.)
* Support Smart Grid team developing and delivering strategy to facilitate the low carbon transition.
* Assess and deliver capabilities required to transition into a Distribution System Operator role.
* Coordinate external suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure robust ICT solutions
* Facilitate training and knowledge of smart grid technologies and solutions to stakeholders.
This is just a brief explanation of the position so if you fit this criteria and looking to join a leading and growing DNO in the UK then please apply to find out more.
For more information about this role please contact our London office