Snr Cost Engineer (Project Controls)
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH115102
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Project Controls, Contracts & Claims, Power
Salary: US$102000.00 - US$125000.00 per annum
Date posted: 05/01/2018
The associate in this position will possess skills and expertise in the following areas: Project Scope coordination; Project Execution Plan input, preparation, coordination, monitoring, Project Estimate, assist in project schedule development, Contractor coordination and management; Project management assistance; Integrated cost and scheduling; Total Project & Annual Budget development; Financial analysis; Cost accounting and forecasting; Variance analysis; Performance reporting; Project change management; Risk & Contingency.
Implement standard cost, schedule and risk programs, processes and practices to ensure Design and Construction projects are performed in accordance with approved budgets and schedules.
Develop, coordinate and maintain financial, schedule, estimate, budget, resource, procurement, risk and other data within Primavera P6 and other databases and query tools for individual projects within the FEMA portfolio.
* BS in Engineering, Construction, or Business discipline OR minimum of 6 years of equivalent work experience
* Experience with Project Controls concepts (project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, closeout) field or home office
* Experience with Cost Engineering concepts (project estimating, forecasting, cost controls and variance reporting)
* Experience with ERP systems for identifying and reporting actual costs posted to projects (i.e. SAP, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, etc.); experience with Enterprise Portfolio Scheduling Software (Primavera P5, P6)
* Experience with Integrated Data Management Tools such as, MS Excel and MS Access
* Experience with Project Management Document management software tool applications experience (ECM, File Net, Sharepoint, etc.)
* Previous Utility industry experience required
* Experience in Utility Operations; Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
* Integrated Data Management Tools such as Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Xcelsius, Oracle, etc.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.