Company is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. Company is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas. At Company, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Company succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce. Company provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
The Engineer Reservoir Sr. will provide expertise to plan, manage and optimize waterflood/CO2 flood assets in the Permian Region. This position will work closely with geologists, geophysicists, and other multidisciplinary team members. The work scope spans a wide spectrum from technical analyses through economic evaluation and final presentation of recommendations to management.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct pattern reviews with a multi-disciplined team using surveillance tools to monitored reservoir performance.
- Design switch lists based on a reservoir performance driven WAG management method
- Analyze performance data (e.g., processing rates, recoveries, etc…) from analogous reservoirs and patterns with a dimensionless approach to forecasting to derive representative production and injection for use in economic evaluations and performance comparisons.
- Determine likely field development plans by identifying and expanding floods opportunities
- Collaborate with land, drilling, completion, production, and facilities engineers to determine requirements for development alternatives.
- Perform cash flow analyses to evaluate economic viability of investment opportunities.
- Present work results and recommendations to company management.
- Conduct business development evaluations for land acquisitions, divestitures and/or, trades to maximize value of development area.
- Assist in developing multiyear, region business plans at periodic intervals.
- Follow approved plan activity through execution, monitoring progress and performance, and ensure representative reserves are booked for quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- BS in Petroleum Engineering or Engineering degree with a large amount of reservoir experience
- Advanced degree(s) not required, but valued.
- 8+ years relevant industry experience in IOR/EORReservoir Engineering.
- Demonstrated competence as a reservoir engineer working IR/EOR floods.
- Expertise estimating reserves.
- Expertise in technical applications such as ARIES, Spotfire, Petra, and OFM.
- Competence in MS Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical skills
PRIMARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (TECHNICAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES):
- Takes full responsibility of engineering, budgeting and supervising the reservoir of company wells.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet tight deadlines
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to effectively share information to mentor/develop others
- Creative thinker with a desire to challenge the status quo with the ability to implement new ideas, processes and technologies.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office