Software Architect - Smart Energy
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH128537
Sector: SMART Grid, Utilities
Date posted: 27/06/2018
Spencer Ogden are seeking an experienced Software Architect within Smart Energy to be based in Germany.
Our client are a pioneer and market leader within Smart Energy especially within smart gird and energy storage technologies. Due to growth our client are seeking an experienced Software Architect to join them on their journey transforming the way we use of energy.
As the Software architect, you will be working on some of the most ground breaking projects in the industry. You will help define the companies software solution within smart energy. You will independently define the software development environment with associated developer tools, continuous integration, branch structure and automatic quality controls, as well as the software-in-the-loop test environment. You are also actively involved in the implementation.
To be considered you will posses the following:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or similiar
- At least 5 years professional experience in software development and extensive
- Experience in software design as a software architect in the industrial environment
- Expertise in different frameworks and languages (e.g., C, C ++, C #, Java, Python)
- Good knowledge of software development for embedded systems and in associated engineering tools
- Extensive knowledge of real-time operating systems such as VxWorks
- In-depth knowledge of agile methodologies, continuous delivery and Test Driven Development and Architecture as well as Design Principles and Patterns.
- Ideally you already have experience with various communication protocols (e.g., SIMATIC S7, UDP, Modbus TCP, Profibus, Profienergy)
- Simulation knowledge in Matlab / Simulink as well as in the control of converter systems
- Proven leadership skills
- Fluent in German and English
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package
For more information about this role please contact our London office