Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH118841
Location: USA, Massachusetts, Boston
Sector: NPI & Product Engineering, R and D
Date posted: 03/10/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Serve as the overall business leader for the scope of responsibility and is responsible for delivering aggressive growth goals for the business.
* Lead a team of Product Managers to deliver software for the Smart Grid, Consumer and Internet of Things (IoT). Work closely with Customers, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Sales and Support to ensure that the organization consistently delivers the most innovative and high quality software solutions in the market.
* Responsible for defining the software strategy for network management, device configuration, command and control, big data and analytics for networks that scale to tens of millions of devices. Deliver cohesive end-to-end solutions to complex multi-application business needs.
* Define and implement Product Management processes and policies to ensure that the PM function is transparent, documented and repeatable.
* Combine competitive analysis with customer and internal stakeholder feedback to document product requirements. Coordinate with various internal groups to ensure products were fully market ready. Collaborate with Engineering on User Interface, Work Flow and API design across the product suite.
(1) Product strategy definition & portfolio planning, road map generation & business strategy definition
* Tracks, evaluates and communicates product portfolio performance against corporate objectives; oversees and coordinates multiple product portfolios
* Defines business strategy to establish industry leading solutions. Includes competitive strategy, key success factors, and identification of inorganic growth opportunities and partnership candidates, including defining the business model
* Defines product strategy for portfolio, including portfolio vision, solution definition, target market, and pricing. Supports development of product roadmaps
* Utilizes business analysis to define business cases for product development investment priorities, driving the development of product roadmaps, ensuring timely execution and alignment with constituents
(2) Product lifecycle management
* Responsible for managing the end to end development of the product portfolio globally
* Manages the release planning process, including defining project and product vision, feature definition and prioritization, user experience, product requirements and ongoing product roadmap for product portfolio
* Undertakes or aids in the strategy definition and corporate development plans to expand our products and services globally
* MBA and/or background in computer science
* 10+ years of experience in product management for one or more commercial software products or IT services, ideally related to energy
* Provided leadership and managed Business Units with P&L responsibilities
* Experience in the design, development, sales and marketing of high-technology products
* Experience developing and implementing strategic business plans and driving organizational results to attain defined business growth plans, collaborations, product roadmaps, and business sales forecasts
* Prior experience managing new businesses poised for growth, establishing businesses with Key Accounts, and maturing businesses in declining markets that require strategy to maintain/grow profits
* Ability to produce production timetables and pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction and developing marketing strategies
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.