Software Test Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH107354
Location: England, Surrey
Sector: Embedded Software, R and D
Salary: £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Date posted: 23/05/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Job title: Software Test Engineer
Salary: Up to £65K + Additional Benefits
Employment type: Permanent
Are you an experienced software test engineer comfortable working with Linux operating environments?
Working within a pioneering environment the successful software test engineer would be required to solve crucial challenges in diverse industries such as health, public transport, automotive and motorsport. You would be working alongside world leading specialists that would provide a platform for extensive personal development. Full backing would be given to innovative problem solving and you would be given the unique opportunity to bring your own ideas to life.
This software test engineer position would ideally suit an experienced Linux tester with knowledge of scripting in Python and Bash.
* Sound knowledge of software verification and validation techniques
* Ability to deconstruct into testable blocks a large system incorporating embedded, datacentre and public infrastructure components
* Experience in working with Linux operating environments, including scripting proficiency in Bash and Python
* Solid understanding of networking fundamentals, in particular TCP/IP and Ethernet
* Excellent communications skills to be able to interpret and clearly explain test and performance data to business and engineering teams
* Development experience in C, ideally in a Linux environment
* Experience building hardware-in-the-loop test environments
* Testing mobile networking devices, such as network simulation through OpenBTS, OpenLTE or similar tools
* Web UI validation
* A degree in computer science, engineering or a related subject
* Rail or other transport industry experience
Software Test Engineer Responsibilities
* Liaise with relevant departments to establish test coverage goals and priorities
* Designing, creating and maintaining test environments
* Design and implement test environments to test the system at different levels
* Undertake test planning, execution and reporting
* Work alongside developers to create test hooks and instil a design-for-testability mentality into new software development
* Review and advice customers on test requirements.
If this Software Test Engineer role sounds like an ideal position, apply now. The company are looking to hire immediately and are interviewing ASAP.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.